Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Club challenge

So here is what I just finished up for my Quickutz Club. We were given paper by Basic Grey, some chipboard pages and a die. "Put a book together using every element" that was given to us, but we didn't have to use everything up. Honestly, I didn't care too much for the paper...so it was hard trying to make this project look good. I found out that the other people in the club felt the same way, so am looking forward to seeing what their books turned out like.

For this project, I decided to make a little vaca. memory book for my cousin who came back east for a week. The cover page says "Pack your Bags" (rub ons) and then "..." with robin's nest bling. "Zoe & Zach GO EAST". I used more rub ons on the first 2 pages...they say "Off we Go!" and "are we there yet" I left spots for her to put a few pictures from the airport. I also included a tag behind the matting on the second page for any journaling she may want to do.




The next page is for "Great Grandparents" I had a picture of my grandmother with my cousin's son - we call her GG, thus the title of the page. The next page is for her to fill in. I made a little fold-out booklet for her to add pictures from the other side of her family.

There really isn't anything special about the next couple of pages. Here they are for your 'viewing pleasure' Nothing special about this book at all. Was fun to make because I know that it's going to be great for the kids to have to look at and remember their trip to the east.

2 comments:

Coffespaz said...

Jenn, that's an awesome idea! I like the way it turned out too.

Nichole said...

Hmmm, which Basic Grey papers are those? I usually like Basic Grey but am not crazy about the holiday line.

You definitely made good use of the rule "a little patterned paper goes a long way." Love the book! So sweet.