Saturday, December 29, 2007

Teacher's gifts




First, I must give Sharon and Laurie big thanks for these ideas!!
We were all chatting about what to give for school teachers' gifts, and I ended up taking a few ideas and making these little tins and canisters.
I went to the local "dollar store" and found plain cookie tins. They only had 4, I needed 6, so the panic search began through the store for the last 2. I ended up finding cute little glass containers that were already 'decorated' in Christmas-y like fashion, so I thought I would make 2 of those. I used my handy-dandy Quickutz Snowman for the lettering (which, by the way, I said "Oh, I won't ever use that...now I am addicted to!). And then I used the Cricut to make the tags. The jars were quick and easy, I just put a title on the top and then wrapped a piece of ribbon that has cocoa cups on it - too cute. And those were done.
For the canisters, I just used patterned paper for the top, then wrapped ribbon around to hide the seams. Around the canister I used a winter-themed paper. Quick and easy.
I included in each little package some chocolates, hot cocoa packets, gloves, hand creme, chap-stick, tissues, and hand sanitizer. I was quite pleased with the results.

Thanks again to Sharon and Laurie for the wonderful ideas!!

5 comments:

What's so funny? said...

oooooh! I'm so happy!!! I wish we were together this holiday and could have had a workshop together! I'm gonna post mine on the site now! ya hear that Jenn???

What's so funny? said...

Oh. ooops. I thought Nichole posted that one, above. My apologies Jenn. And you're most welcome!!!

Jenn said...

LOL!! You are too funny!
I am so overwhelmed with projects I want to work on, I don't even know where to start!!
Nichole, I think I might do the challenge on that red velvet sketch site - or whatever it's called (I have it book marked) :)

Jenn said...

OOOOPS...looks like I melded the 2 sites together in my head. I really was thinking of the Sketch site. :)

Nichole said...

Oh wow Jenn! The survival kits look awesome! I wish I could've been around to play with all of you this Christmas. I probably would have gotten much more scrapping done! Did the teachers love their kits?

Oh yeah, gettin sketchy for January? I don't know when the current challenge is due...I was going to try to do it too if I get home in time. Still out of state at my Mom's. ;)