Sunday, February 25, 2007

a new endeavor


pink n black inchies
Originally uploaded by soleclaw23.

Thanks to artjunkgrl I think I may have found a new obsession!

I love ATCs, and used to make them all the time. But lately I've been in a creative slump. My ATC creation has been suffering due to this slump, so I thought perhaps if I tried something new, I could regain a new perspective to look at ATCs from.

And I think it worked. I really enjoyed making these! These 8 are the first I made. I have about 20 more of these squares to alter/play with, along with about 30 greenish blue squares as well.

The background color is pink Lumiere paint (which I just bought and LOVE), stamped with the edge of a black ink pad. Some don't have any black ink on them at all, which is the beauty of the randomness.

I used rub-ons for the second row (the diamonds), some paper flowers, rubber alphabet stamps, photo corners, and silver glitter. I tried to get punny - "story of the silver sea" next to the letter C. and also "another letter" next to A. Yeah...it is lacking without images to go with it I think. I'm working on scouring the net and my mags for some great (but tiny) images to add to these. So difficult!

Until next time!

3 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Hi there,

Hope you're are having a creative weekend and are coming out of the artists slump! I know how that goes all too well. Love your new ATCs, small projects are so nice with our little ones running around!!! -xoxo Tara

Damselfly said...

I don't know what an ATC is, but I like your pink creation!

What's so funny? said...

Lovely, lovely! The Lum. paint is delicious. You'll have to show me how to craft with it. Cheers!