Saturday, May 3, 2008

superstar

**edit: winner isn't announced until the 15th.

and I'm really excited to see what you all ended up accomplishing on NSD!

Hey hey! I managed to squeeze out a tiny little page a couple days ago under motivation of winning a contest (the jury is still out on this one). The rad chicks at Scrapmojo hold monthly contests, and the winners usually get a free kit from any one of the AWESOME kit clubs out there these days. The great thing about Scrapmojo is that their challenges are super unique. Last month they called for Dr. Seuss inspired pages.

This month's challenge was themed around the hit film Juno. We had to use an element from the movie poster in our layouts. And also the title to one of the songs from the soundtrack had to be incorporated somehow. You can view the entire blog entry for the challenge (and all the awesome mojo DT layouts) here.



I chose to use the song titled "superstar" for my inspiration. About a week ago Eleana found some hair bands I got for her and chose to put them all on her wrist a la Madonna (think rubber bracelets). This was too cute to pass up with my camera. I cropped the picture to feature mostly just her hands (the lighting was bad anyway, and she wasn't doing anything particular with her face).

I used the stripes in the movie poster as my inspiration, but didn't really have any striped PP that would work for the background. So I made my own using pink and blue bazzil strips I cut, layered over some navy blue (to bring out the navy blue stripes in her pants).

I think I went stripe crazy. As Barry the bee's BFF in Bee Movie would say, "It's so stingin' stripey!"



I threw in some Love, Elsie notebook PP, and some Tres Jolie stripes as well. The title is Thickers, the peace sign and the birds are Basic Grey, plus some bling under the title, a pair of foam slippers (I think Sharon passed these to me a while ago on a sticker sheet of princess stuff) and some ribbons in the top right corner.

I didn't really journal a lot, there wasn't much to say. I think I managed to squeeze on the white tag: "bracelets until bedtime." Which is pretty much the gist of it. She wouldn't take them off until bedtime. The end. ;) (The whole title is Accessorize like a Superstar).

(winner to be announced today! aaah!)

2 comments:

Scraphappynicole said...

Love the title and how the picture is all about the bracelets and its so adorable to see her lil body with that many bracelets on. Great job! Keeping my fingers crossed that you win! Keep us posted. Like the doodles and love the shoes. Nice touch!

Nichole said...

Aw, I didn't win. I tell you what, competition is FIERCE over at Mojo! There are TONS of talented participants over there. Congrats to the gal who did win. Her page is fabulous!

http://scrapmojo.blogspot.com/2008/05/winner.html