Sunday, February 24, 2008

fun announcement

Hello hello, ladies! I have some great news to share with everyone! I got a job teaching at the local scrapbook store! I'm on staff for one month as a trial, and if all goes well I'll be on indefinitely.

The owner wants our first class to be a greeting card class. I was told to have my samples by the end of this week, and her guidelines were these:

1. create 6 cards
2. have a spring theme
3. have all 6 cards coordinate with each other so they package nicely if to be presented by the maker as a gift to someone else
4. use one product in all 6 cards, utilizing the product uniquely in each card so as to teach how versatile that product can be.


So, I made 6 cards, each pink, white and yellow. I used brads and eyelets as my versatile product of choice. The cards are simple, mostly because this is expected to be a 2 hour course - not a lot of time for 6 cards per person!

I'm taking the cards to the store tomorrow as it's closed today. I'm so nervous the owner won't like them!


See the bottom right card above? The one with the little sign post? Yeah, the paper the yellow brads is attached to is actually a pale yellow. These didn't scan well at all!



The top card here, above the "hello!" card is solid white, with a torn patterned panel. Again you can barely see the white card because of the scanner. I guess I should've put a piece of paper behind the cards as I scanned. Woops. Lesson learned.

I'd love to know what you ladies think of these cards!

5 comments:

Scraphappynicole said...

Nichole - I love the one with the little girl on it! That one is my favorite. They are cool cards. I love the paisley paper! I think she is going to like the cards a lot. Once she sees your work she will say screw the trail! I know it! XOXO

Jenn said...

I am in agreement with Scraphappy! I LOVE the one with the little girl. You do a wonderful job with cards and I am sure the owner is going to love them!
Keep us posted.

What's so funny? said...

OH MY GOD. This is da bomb. Is there anything you CAN'T do? I wish I could come there and take those classes. They are adorable!

Nichole said...

Thank you thank you ladies! It means a lot that you all like the cards. I'm counting down the hours until I go in to the shop tomorrow...so nervous! Scrapping a mini book tonight...hope to post tonight!

xoxo

Jenn said...

How did it go??