Friday, September 12, 2008

Door Hanger and Word Book

Here is one of the Christmas Presents that I was working on for this holiday season. Because I will be having a baby around that time, I thought I had best get with the shopping and the making of things now. Needless to say, I am well on my way - all the in-laws out of state are done! This number here is for my Grandmother. She lives in a retirement community and loves to post notes on her door when she heads out so people don't worry or wonder where she is. I thought that this would be a better alternative than the scraps of paper that she writes her love notes on. :)
The door hanger is from Creative Imaginations? I think. I know that's terrible, but in the process of re-doing my scrap space, my information for this number was, well, tossed. AHHH!! Anyway, I covered it with some pretty flowered paper and then used an assortment of ribbons to decorate the top of it.

The first picture is of the back side...I found these little round dry erase magnetic boards for lockers in Target and thought that it would be a great solution for this project! I just went around the sides with stickles to decorate it up a bit. The front says "Welcome Friends" I stamped the letters using CTMH stamps and inks, then I drew around the letters in pink just to make them stand out a little more. I then used CTMH liquid glass to fill in the letters, then cut them out using my trusty Crayola cutter. The flowers are from K&Company.

OK - Now, onto the FINALLY FINISHED word book!!! Just to note that I blacked out the kids that I don't have permission to post on line. I am really happy with the way the book turned out. If you remember, I used the Cricut Design Center to do this book. It's the first one I cute out, and all in all, I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I learned a lot by playing with the software, and am now working on a few more word book ideas. I am, however, waiting for the new blades to come out so I can cut on thicker paper to make this process easier...






oops, that airplane shouldn't be on this page, I will have to correct that, must've gotten stuck when I was turning pages. I wish I could have found better embellishments for this project, but this is what I was dealing with. I am happy I did it and can't wait to try another one. Someday, I hope to make these babies beauties like Miss. Nicole's! LOL

2 comments:

What's so funny? said...

I LOVE word books. Love, love, love them. In fact, I prefer them now to scrapping layouts. I think I'll have to chat offline with you about getting this software for myself!

You can always go back and add embellishments. Don't worry about that. The colors and the pictures show a lot of action. It's still fun to look at!

Scraphappynicole said...

Love the door hanger, your gram is going to be so excited and all her friends are going to want one too be cool like your gram. She is adorable by the way!

The book came out fantastic. I loved how you doodled along the letters. The airplane stamp was way cool. Like the colors you used too! Nice fun colors. You rocked it!