Monday, September 15, 2008

BOO - Altered Wood Decoration for the house


Finally something other than a word book! lol.
I bought these giant letters that are made of fake wood at the Dream last year for about 19 bucks. Well, this summer I spotted them in my craft closet and knew I wanted to get into the "FALL" mood and alter them. I bought the Halloween papers from the Imaginisce line and used them to cover the wooden letters. I used Making Memories black scrapbook colors paint to outline the letters and get inside the holes. I also used a messy brush stroke to create a black painted goth look. For the middle "o" I used purple making memories scrapbook paint and my daughters thick paintbrush. This morning when I woke up they were dry and I added the embellies. I bought the spiders at the dream which I used SMALL DOTZ to adhere them to the letter. I first used foam dots but I could see them and it didn't sit right with me so I ripped them all off and re stuck them with the glue dots. I bought the Halloween bottle cap at Building 19 1/2 last summer. The Happy Halloween Glitter words are from the dream, as are the Boo, trick or treat and pumpkins. Cloud 9 was used for the cool little bat people, ghosts and the non glitter Boo word. Added some ribbon and called it a day. A really easy project and fun to do. A REAL THROW DOWN! In the first picture you can see the spider that fell off in all the other pictures. After I took the pictures I added another glue dot. Alicia found it hysterical that one spider would not stick. lol. Thanks for looking!

















2 comments:

What's so funny? said...

Cool how you dragged the black paint on the edges. I really liked the criss crossed ribbons. I think I'm borrowing that technique. I can just see A laughing over the falling spider. We too just took out all the Halloween stuff. And I have TONS of stuff to make, too. You probably don't even have to hang these letters. They probably just lean right on the ledge against the wall. perfect!

Jenn said...

LOVE IT!! I so can't wait to dig out all my Halloween stuff and have at it! You certainly just gave me some inspiration!!!