Wednesday, March 5, 2008

MASTERPIECE


My DD doing what she does every single day - Painting! I love this way this came out. It was a sketch made by Classygirl on Scrapbook.com and I just think it is fantastic. http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1454069/

The tag under the green mat pulls out and reads.... Alicia, You are my little Picasso. You just want to paint and draw, color and create. I love it! A girl after my own heart! We have a wall in daddy's "MAN TOWN", with all your beautiful creations displayed. In the pictures you are painting lighthouses for daddy! Always open your heart to art! You color my world! Love, MOM

This is for Classygirl's March 2008 Sketch Challenge on Scrapbook.com. I never used sketches much and now I am just loving them so much! I think they are awesome because you can follow them to a T. , or give it some of your own FLAVOR FLAV lol.

















The second picture is to show the tag that is hidden with the journaling on it! I may put a picture of the wall in daddy's "Man Town" that is dedicated to Alicia's artwork on the back. I just used cardstock on this layout and Karen Foster Overlay Rub-ons. I love the rub ons because they make the page pop. They were at Building 19 and I picked it up for a buck 50. I had a blast shopping with Jenn. I think we need to make it a once a month shopping spree day! Next time I will have more time. I will have my mom watch Alicia. Daddy ticked me off this past time. lol. The flower is Prima and the buttons are none other than YARD SALE SPECIALS mama dukes picked up for me. lol

I will be posting my friends album later today as well as a Sister's altered art thing I just finished 2 weeks ago and haven't posted yet. I had started it over the summer when my sister was in basic but just finished it with the pictures and will post soon!

(((HUGS TO ALL))))
ScraphappyNicole

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Love this LO! It is so much fun to use sketches once in a while! When you are crunched for time, it's good to have them so the "thinking" is done for you - and then when you have more time, I like to make it my own.
Can't wait til our next shopping trip!!!

Nichole said...

Nicole, this page is so sweet. I love that your pictures capture your little one right in that creative moment.

I think you and I were separated at birth because I just finished a LO talking about E's creative talents too. Seriously.

And yeah, I LOVE using sketches as guidelines to work with too. It not only gets some of the work done for you, but it also allows for adjustments and customization.

xoxoxo